She Said . . .
There are so many different social media platforms available these days and although all of them can be used to leverage your business, it’s very overwhelming to think about managing all of these different accounts, especially if you don’t know where to start . . . or perhaps you have already started, but you aren’t seeing tangible results. So, how do you know where to spend your time and money for social media marketing? This is a question I have been exploring, not only for our own small business networking and marketing purposes, but to better support our clients with their online marketing plans. Each social media platform has its pros and cons, and I’ll continue to share with you all that I am learning as I continue my research and education. But what you need to know right now is that Facebook is the largest and most powerful social networking site. So, that’s where I start with our clients. Here are some stats I learned from Facebook expert, Amy Porterfield:
- There are more than 1 billion active users on Facebook – that’s 1 in every 7 people on earth, and that’s growing every day.
- 50% of those 1 billion active users are logging onto to Facebook on any given day.
- 71.2% of the US web audience is on Facebook.
- 350 million people are accessing Facebook from their smartphone.
- 2 billion posts are liked and commented on each day.
- On average, Facebook users spend over 700 billion minutes per month on Facebook.
So, there you have it. Those are some pretty powerful statistics. If you are one of the 1 billion active Facebook users, then you’re on the right track. The next step is to add a Facebook Fan Page for your business to your free Facebook account. Creating and maintaining a Facebook Profile is great for your personal persona, but what about your professional persona? That’s where a Fan Page comes in. Need help getting started or setting up a Facebook Fan Page? Send us a note. Click here to see and “like” our Facebook Fan Page. I’d love to hear your questions or comments in the Comment section below.
Thank you for reading!